Our hotel in La Rochelle old town invites you to discover
There is something for everyone in La Rochelle, culture, history, art, museums, beaches.
The hotel in the centre of La Rochelle Francois I is the ideal starting point to discover La Rochelle, on foot or by bike. Let yourself be enchanted by its history.
- The Central Market is just a few minutes away from the hotel, an institution in La Rochelle, where you can taste the local products. Built in 1836, it is still a must-see in La Rochelle, a place to meet and discover culinary delights. In the heart of the historic centre of La Rochelle, the 19th century Halles are all made of wrought iron, glass and brick, and are well worth a visit.
- The Vieux-Port, 5 minutes on foot, the real heart of La Rochelle. From the Quai Duperré, go under the Porte de la Grosse-Horloge, a former gateway to the medieval city walls dating from the 15th century, which still symbolises the passage from the old town to the Vieux Port. Stroll along the Vieux Port of La Rochelle with its terraces as far as the eye can see, a great promenade, where you can admire the Tour de la Lanterne and the Tour de la Chaîne, a true epinal image of the city…
- The Gabut district with all its colourful Scandinavian-style houses. Climb up the Ferris wheel and admire the unique view, it is also the starting point of the coastal path that leads to the Port des Minimes.
- The Saint-Nicolas district, a former fishermen’s haven. It is now a trendy part of the city, bohemian by day and festive by night, with restaurants and all kinds of designer shops that you should not miss!
- Looking for something green ? La Rochelle has many parks, which allow you to cross the city far from the noise and tumult. The Charruyer park, the Charles-Edouard Beltremieux animal park, ideal for children with animals and playgrounds, which leads you directly to the Mail district. Indeed, the Mail is a place to walk facing the ocean with all its magnificent 19th century villas.
- Looking for a beach? Cross the Charruyer park and its 2 km to arrive at the Plage de la Concurrence. You can also take the Yelo shuttle from the Vieux Port, for a day on the Plage des Minimes. The beautiful islands of Aix, Oléron and Ré are just a short distance away, departing from the Vieux Port. Moor and go!
There are many things to do in La Rochelle, we remain at your disposal for any information…
Are you planning to discover La Rochelle and its surroundings with your family? The François 1er Hotel has put together a short guide to the must-see family outings during your stay.
Our hotel in La Rochelle old town
Staying at the hotel *** François 1er, for a weekend or for your holidays, discover La Rochelle and its heritage. The location of the hotel, close to the Vieux-Port, will allow you to immerse yourself in the heart of the historic centre of La Rochelle. You will be able to discover the city on foot or by bike according to your preferences. In fact, our hotel in La Rochelle old town offers bicycles for rent. Leave your car in our hotel with parking in La Rochelle and take the time to stroll under the arcades of the city centre and in the alleys of the historic centre.
Our charming hotel in La Rochelle old town, a real jewel of history, will seduce you with its inner courtyard and its 17th century facades. Located in the historic heart of La Rochelle, you will share authentic moments of discovery. To discover La Rochelle in complete serenity and simplicity, we invite you to book one of our 34 contemporary-style rooms. If you wish to visit La Rochelle with your family, we have 2 suites and 2 family rooms that can accommodate up to 5 people.