keystone of commerce, discover the markets and all the regional specialities
- marché central de La Rochelle (open from Monday to Sunday),
- marché de La Pallice (each sunday).
THE OLD HARBOUR OF LA ROCHELLE
The old harbour of La Rochelle, located 5 mn walking from the Hotel François Ier
THE TOWERS OF LA ROCHELLE
Tower of la chaîne, Tower saint Nicolas and Tower de la Lanterne are classified as historical monuments since 1879. True defensive dungeons these military buildings symbolize the power and wealth of La Rochelle.
Animation and exhibition all year round :tickets.
Facing the old harbour of La Rochelle, discover one of the biggest european private aquarium
A GUIDED WALKING TOUR BY THE TOURISM OFFICE
- Unusual or in autonomy guided visits information
- For a guided walking tour of the harbour, the old town information
- Under the path of a mousquetaire information
A few miles away from La Rochelle, discover the most beautiful islands of the Atlantic coast
LE MARAIS POITEVIN
Discover the swamp of the Marais Poitevin in electrical boat, departure from Marans réservations
LA CITEE DE L’HUITRE A MARENNE
La cité de l’Huître located along the cayenne canal, between swamp and farmer’s hut.
Animations, exibitions, playground, bycicle ride, degustation réservations
During your stay at the hotel come close to the Fort Boyard, embarq aboard a cruise ship
- CHÂTELAILLON : seaside resort of La Rochelle, discover large beaches overlooked by an old charm town, a swimming paridise for elder and younger.
- LES MINIMES : small beach next to the harbour of Les Minimes.
- PLAGE DE LA CONCURRENCE : small beach in the city center of La Rochelle.
LES MARAIS D’YVES
A few miles from La Rochelle discover this unique natural reserve between swamp and sea. A well preserved place essential halt for migratory birds, with a remarkable wildlife and flora.