OLERON the biggest of the metropolitan island
Start the visit with the oyster harbour lined with dozens of colored fisherman’s hut, then linger at the Vauban Citadel
The most pleasant way to discover the island and its 175 km² is cycling, visit Boyardville and St Georges d’Oléron.
Walk along the Perrotine Canal, meeting point of the oyster’s farmer and fisherman’s. Then crisscross the wild coast. Change of scenery guraranteed !
RE AN ISLAND BLESSED BY THE GODS
From La Rochelle driving of sailing, reach the island of Ré, discover an art of living and a unique architectural style, a well preserved natural heritage.
the best way to visit is cycling as bycicle path are numerous.
what to see, and do :
- The Rivedoux village with its long and beautiful promenade along the sea side.
- le Fort de La Prée (1626),
- la Flotte-en-Ré a peaceful small harbour and its little market
- Saint Martin de Ré the must see of Ré, with a rich historical past, life is organized around the harbour and numerous restaurants and terraces, and shopping streets.
- the beaches all around the island you’ll find many beaches heaven for beach lovers
Embark for the island of Aix, a small island of 3 km long and 700 m wide. Classified on the list of remarkable natural sites.
The island is fragile place where all the landscapes are represented. The only way to visit is walking or cycling.
After a a sailing tour of 20 minutes from La Rochelle, you can choose to walk, cycle or rent a carriage and enjoy the scenary.
you’ll find many beaches all around the island.