Our hotel in La Rochelle invites you to discover the festivals and concerts
La Rochelle is a festive city all year round, so why not take advantage of it during your stay in our charming François 1er hotel? Throughout the seasons, La Rochelle lives to the rhythm of a rich and diversified agenda. Throughout the year, you can enjoy plays, musicals, artists’ performances and other shows at La Coursive and La Sirène. During the summer season, La Rochelle is even more festive than usual. The bars and restaurants will liven up your evenings in La Rochelle. In July, the Francofolies festival takes place at the foot of the Tours.
Enjoy many shows in La Rochelle
- La Coursive : Formerly the fish market of La Rochelle in the 19th century, La Coursive is now known as La Rochelle’s national stage. Located in the heart of the city centre, the facade of this building is original and the interior has been completely renovated. The entrance hall gives access to 3 performance rooms, the Salle Bleue, the Grand Théâtre and the Théâtre Verdière. At La Coursive you can enjoy many shows: music, theatre, cinema, musicals, dance recitals…
- La Sirène : Located in La Pallice, La Sirène is the music venue of La Rochelle. If you are a music lover and want to have a musical getaway during your stay, this is the place to go. New and well-known artists will offer you a unique performance. You can get there by car or by Yelo bus.
Festivals to discover in La Rochelle
- The Francofolies : This is an iconic festival, the festival of the Francophone scene! Every year, in mid-July, La Rochelle vibrates at the foot of the Towers, to the rhythm of the various concerts scheduled. The Francofolies musical adventure has been going on for over 35 years. Each year, concerts are organised on several stages spread throughout the city, a way of making sure that all festival-goers and the people of La Rochelle can enjoy them. The Francofolies are not only 5 days of concerts, but also an atmosphere installed in the whole city through the Francocean Village, the good mood, the meetings… Our hotel in downtown La Rochelle welcomes you during the Francofolies.
- The TV fiction festival : Discover during 5 days in mid-September, all the new audiovisual creation of the season. Various French and European dramas are presented during free screenings each evening at La Coursive. At the heart of the small screen news, you will discover the best of the audiovisual creation.
- The La Rochelle Cinema Festival (FEMA) : La Rochelle has been putting cinema in the spotlight since the festival was created in 1973. Every year, for 10 days at the beginning of the summer, nearly 200 films from all over the world are presented to the public: fiction, documentaries, animated films… The films are presented in various iconic sites in the city: La Coursive, the cinemas CGR Le Dragon or CGR l’Olympia, La Sirène, the Centre Intermondes, the Media Library…
- The Adventure Film and Book Festival : Dive into the heart of extraordinary adventures, every year in November. The festival invites you to travel and takes you to the four corners of the world through screenings at 3 key sites in La Rochelle: the La Rochelle Aquarium, the Espace Encan and the Maritime Museum. More than 40 films and documentaries are shown. After the screenings, you will hear testimonies from the directors, producers and adventurers. A festival that encourages discovery and sharing.
- The jazz festival : At the beginning of October, at La Sirène, La Rochelle Jazz Festival will be holding 5 exceptional days where jazz music will be honoured through various concerts. A festival appreciated by all lovers of jazz, music in general and all the curious in general.
Our hotel in La Rochelle
The hotel*** François 1er invites you to discover all these festivals, concerts and other shows. A way to discover the city through all these events, but also to meet people, learn and get away from it all. Most of the places in La Rochelle where these events take place are just a few minutes walk from our hotel in the centre of La Rochelle.
Discover the atmosphere of La Rochelle by strolling along the Old Port, in the Gabut district, in the Saint-Nicolas district… located only a few minutes’ walk from our hotel in downtown La Rochelle. Don’t hesitate to reserve your parking space in our hotel in the centre of La Rochelle with parking, this solution will facilitate your travels.